Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

The new year has begun and with it come thoughts of what I want to accomplish in 2011. I don't like to use the word 'resolutions' when talking about my plans for the year because we all know that resolutions don't remain firm for long. I prefer not to verbalize my intentions but I also know that if I keep them to myself I am not being held accountable. Then again, even if I tell someone what I plan to accomplish, will they really hold me accountable? Most people are too 'nice' to mention it when you 'fall off the wagon.' Well....they will probably tell other people about your downfalls, but will they come to you with it? So my dilemma is this....to tell or not to tell. Like most people, I tend to try to achieve more than is reasonable. However, I figure if I have a number of things on my 'to do' list, I will at least get a few of them done....and that will be better than nothing, right? So, to those of you who read this blog, I am making some 'resolutions' and it will be interesting to me to see which of you 'hold me to' my list!
In 2011 I would like to lose at least 25 lbs. (and keep it off!). I resolve to keep up on my housework better and to get my basement cleaned and organized. I will read my Bible more. I will throw something away (or get rid of it, one way or another) every day. (Purge, Purge, Purge!) I will exercise more and eat less (this will help with #1) . I would like to get back to writing, so will try to blog at least once a week.
So, now I shall see who read my blog and who asks me pertinent questions periodically.
I'm hoping that once in awhile someone will ask me, "Did you read your Bible today?" or "How's the basement project coming?" or "What kind of execising are you doing?"
Don't be afraid! Just do it! Keep me honest!

1 comment:

Mari Collier said...

Audrey, you don't need me to tell you, but you didn't blog once a week. Give once every two weeks a try or at least once a month! You're a good writer. You should leave out all the...and use punctuation. It's the editor in me.